The Galibore Fishing & Nature Camp Run by Jungle Lodges & Resorts, a unit of Karnataka Tourism, the Galibore Fishing and Nature Camp is tucked away literally far from the maddening crowd, deep in the deciduous forests about ten km from Sangam, on the banks of the River Cauvery .
HOW TO REACH THERE : We have to take the Kanakpura Road to reach Galibore .
One simple way of reaching Kanakpura road is to take the Bannergatta road -> Reach the Shopper's Stop -> Go Another 8 km -> Take a right at the NICE ROAD (Toll Road) -> Go on for some distance around 10 km -> You will see a big under pass -> You have to come down from right hand side and take a left -> This perpendicular road to NICE ROAD is Kanakpura Road -> Go straight for another 70 km -> Then you have to take 1 left turn (Ask Some Local at that point ) -> Move on straight -> With few Turns down the Hill you will reach the end of Tarred Road -> Take a right from the Galibore's Board ->Last 8km is ravelly track (kacha Road).
PHONE : 91 - 80- 25597944 / 25584111 / 25559261
Email Address : http://www.junglelodges.com
For Online Reservations : http://www.junglelodges.com/index.php/online-reservation.html
It would Cost Rs. 3000 / Person for 1 night 2 days .
When I visited this place in 2009 , it cost Rs.2220 / Person for the same package .
Day Trips would Cost around Rs.1200 / Person .
Overnight Stay would Include :
# Stay in Luxurious Tented Cottages from 12.00 p.m to next day 10. a.m
# Lunch , Dinner , Breakfast
# Camp Fire
HOW MUCH TIME WOULD IT TAKE : About 2.5 hrs to 3 hrs from HSR Layout .
HOW ABOUT THE OVERALL EXPERIENCE : This place was the first Jungle Experience for me .
The place is just fabulous for the Bangalore crowd . With a Drive of just 120 km , you enjoy a pleasure of dense forests .
For the First Time in 2009 , I chose an Overnight Stay with the Family :-
1. We checked in around 12.15 p.m
2. We got freshened up , tried to catch some fishes on the beach of Kaveri by our handkerchiefs , photographed some butterflies , and scorpions .
3. Went for lunch at 1.30 . Lunch is Average . Don't have high expectations .
4. Then we rested for some time in our Tents . The Tents are pretty safe with Wooden doors and attached Bathrooms .
5. At 3:30 p.m we went for Coracle Ride across the breadth of River Kaveri and stopped for Fun Fishing .
I caught a small Mahaseer . That was an Awsome feeling .We persuaded our coracle driver , to stay for some more time , but it was already dark . We came back around 6:30 .
7. We took a bath and started our drinks session . Only beer is available at the Camp , which costs around Rs. 140 per 650 ml bottle . Scotch and Whisky drinkers should carry it along from home .Soda is available .
Electricity is not available and the camp is powered by Generators . There could be a fight in getting the Ice cubes also .
8. We set off for the
15 . We also did some kayaking , which was also awesome experience . Those air filled small kayaks were just awesome experience . Rowing the Boat in the waters where we spotted a wild crocodile few minutes back was adventurous .