|The Great Alpine Road|
-The Road rules in Australia are important to understand before taking off your self drive holiday .
-Most of the Fatal Car Accidents across australia happens because of Ignorance to traffic rules.
-Following Videos would make you aware of the common road rules across Australia .
Do look all the animated videos :-
Note - Australia follows Right Hand Drive, which means Car Steering is on the right hand side for the Driver and driver must drive in left lane .
Common Mistakes an New/Overseas Drivers make :-
1) Drive on wrong lane - Fatal Error
Expectation - Be aware of your lane directions .
2) Impatience while making turns .
Expectation - You must Give way on turns .
3) On a Highway with a Speed Limit of 80 and above ,Driving slow on right lane .
Expectation - You must use the right lane only case of overtaking .
4) Driving Slow .
Expectation - You must always drive approximately at the same speed as indicated by speed signs
5) Driving on High Beam at night , with other cars infront with a distance of 2-8 sec ahead .
a) You must use the high beam on freeways only when there is no car ahead of you .
b) You must change the beam to Low as courtesy when another car from opposite direction approaches you .
6) Driving without GPS mounted stand on windscreen .
|Great Ocean Drive|
1) Great Ocean Drive : http://www.visitgreatoceanroad.org.au/
2) Tasmania : http://www.discovertasmania.com.au/
3) Cairns : http://www.cairns-greatbarrierreef.org.au/
4) Grampians National Park :-
Beautiful Place for Trekking Enthusiasts - http://www.grampianstourism.com.au/
5) Gold Coast : www.visitgoldcoast.com.au
Car/Caravan hire in Australia :-
Best Car Hire Companies in Australia :-
1) Thrifty - (http://www.thrifty.com.au)
2) Europcar - ( www.europcar.com.au)
3) Hertz - ( https://www.hertz.com.au/)
4) Avis - ( www.avis.com.au)
Budget Campervans or Caravans :-
1) JUCY - http://www.jucy.com.au/
|Way to Mount Buller|
1) Trading Hours - Its important to know the Trading hours of the Car Hire Outlet .
You must check out the opening and closing hours of the exact outlet from where you plan to pick up and drop your rental vehicle .Its important for 2 reasons :-
a) Cost of the trip might get affected due to this .
b) Also the timing is important in case you have connecting flights
Note - Very Rare Outlets have After Hour Dropping Service. Just checkout the exact steps ,just in case you get late .
2) You Should carry Optimum Documents while hiring a Car .
a) Valid Passport in Original .
b) Hotel Booking Confirmations(only for overseas visitor)
c) Proof Of address
1) Clean Car - Usually Its expected to return your rental vehicle in a fairly clean condition .
Its common to find Car Wash in Gas Stations .Most of the Manual Car Wash charge 1$ for 1 min of Vaccum / Soap Wash / Rinse . So It would not take more than 3-4 dollars to have your car cleaned up properly.
2) Tank Full while Return - Its is mandartory to fill in the Tank full while returning the car .
If not , it will attract a penalty and a service charge .Make sure to checkout the nearest petrol/gas station while returning the car .
Petrol/Gas Filling Stations :-
Important Note - You need to Fill in Petrol by yourself . Then Pay inside the counter by yourself .
Its important to keep your petrol or gas levels moderate at all times.
Sometimes ,In Country Sides it becomes hard to find a petrol/gas station.