|Flora and Fauna|
WHAT BRINGS ME HERE :-
1) A beautiful Heritage Steam Train Ride from Belgrave to LakeSide.
2) An Execellent Scenary .
3) A beautiful Lake with Activities Like Pedal Boating.
4) Excellent Facilities like Free Barbeque Areas .
5) Beautiful Bird Sightings .
|Memorable Train Ride|
HOW TO REACH HERE :-
1) If you want to use Public Transport Best possible way is:-
There is a direct Train from Flinder's Street Railway Station to Belgrave Station .
Use : www.metlinkmelbourne.com.au/
From- Station : Flinders Street - Melbourne City
To - Address :1 Old Monbulk Rd (Belgrave)
2) Personal Car : Home - FerTreeGully - Belgrave
There is a free parking just before puffing billy railway station.
Note : You could also plan your trip through Travel Agencies :-
|Activities at LakeSide|
1) Flinders street to Belgrave would take approximately 1 hour 15 min hours .
Begrave to Lake Side would take another 1 hr with 2 stops in between .
2) It would take a little around 45 min to reach Belgrave station from city by personal car .
Around 1hour 20 min to reach directly at Lake Side by personal car .
The timings of Puffing Billy can be viewed from :-
HOW MUCH WOULD IT COST : 80 AUD / person
1) commuting from city-belgrave-city on a metkink day pass would cost around : 8 aud weekdays and 4 aud on weekends.
2) petrol cost when travelling by car Would be around 14 aud.
3) Train ticket Belgrave-Lake side-Belgrave is around 42 aud.
4) There is a restaurant at the lake side . Food cost depends on person to person .
5) Boat Ride perperson would cost around : 14 Aud
Actual fares can be viewed from :-
Refer to the following Link for more details on Special Events :-
Refer to the following link if you want to enjoy the Heritage Train with the Dining Option :-
|Barbeque with Family|
HOW WAS THE OVERALL EXPERIENCE :
The Last Station "Lakeside" is excellent place to spend picnic time . The parks around the beautiful Lakes has several Barbeque Areas to spend a big fat Barbeque day.There is a lot of beautiful bird sightings .There is an option to do pedal boatings as well . I have visited this place twice with family and friends and i feel so nice to be here .There is also a small mesuseum at the lake side station .
Overall great place for a day tour from Melbourne .
The journey from Belgrave to LakeSide is reak beautful amongst the Lush green Dandenong ranges .
There are some special days at which Special Train events are organized :-
1) 'Steam & Cuisine Luncheon Train
2) Day Out With Thomas
3) Jazz on Puffing Billy Railway
4) Murder On The Puffing Billy Express
5) Santa Special
6) Drive a Steam Train
7) Great Train Race Sun 5 May
9) 50th Anniversary Celebration
On declared days of "Total Fire Ban" in the Central Zone of Victoria, Puffing Billy steam locomotives will not operate. Diesel Locomotives will operate on a reduced timetable which is located at the bottom of this page